City Council approved updating the Holiday Calendar to more closely mirror holidays observed by the county and to better reflect past city practices.
City Hall offices will remain open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., except for legal holidays or closures.
The following days are legal holidays for the city:
- New Year’s Day: Jan. 1
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day: Third Monday in January
- President’s Day: Third Monday in February
- Memorial Day: Last Monday in May
- Independence Day: July 4
- Labor Day: First Monday in September
- Columbus Day: Second Monday in October
- Veterans Day: Nov. 11
- Thanksgiving: Fourth Thursday in November
- Christmas Day: Dec. 25
City Hall also will observe a fall closure by closing offices on the Wednesday preceding the Thanksgiving Holiday and a winter closure by closing on the Monday through Thursday workdays from Dec. 24 through Dec. 31.