The Canyon Lake Property Owner’s Association invites residents to sign up for the new Birthday Club. Members who sign up for the Birthday Club mailing list will receive a free entree (no minimum or maximum), compliments of the Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar or the Canyon Lake Country Club.
Members may redeem 14 days prior to their birthday. Those who sign up will be the first to hear about exclusive Canyon Lake news, upcoming events and the newest food and drink specials through the Association’s weekly email newsletter.
Members can sign up for the Birthday Club by visiting the CLPOA website at www.canyonlakepoa.com. Members also can sign up by asking their server at the Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar or Country Club or by visiting the Member Services office.
Long Range Survey
Only one day is left to fill out the survey on the Long Range Plan. The survey is available at www.canyonlakepoa.com and in paper form in the Member Services Office asking homeowners to vote for the top five enhancements they would like to see on a Long Range Plan (one survey per tract and lot).
The Lighthouse Haunted Halloween Party will take place inside the Lighthouse Bar on Saturday, October 29, from 9 p.m. until closing. This 21-and-over event will feature a bar menu, a costume contest with a prize for everyone in attendance, free giveaways, and other frills and thrills. The “Bad Dancers” will be performing. Valid ID and POA card required at the door.
Football Season at Lodge
Football food and drink specials are offered during any televised NFL game at the Lodge. This includes Monday and Thursday night football, and regular Sunday football games after Sunday brunch. Specials include $3 Domestic Drafts, $2 Jim Beam fire shots, $1 buffalo or barbecue wings (individual, minimum of 4), $1.50 potato skins (individual, minimum of 4), $20 for a domestic pitcher and a pizza (pepperoni or cheese), $15 appetizer platter.
Concerts at the Lodge 2017
The POA has announced the “2017 Concerts at the Lodge” schedule.
- February 11 – Valentine concert will feature country music legend John Anderson.
- April 22 – Classic Rock All Stars concert will feature Blue Oyster Cult, Iron Butterfly, Blues Image and Steppenwolf.
- June 24 – Pop rock band Berlin will perform.
- September 9 – Country music heartthrob Ty Herndon will perform.
- November 4 – Leon Russell will wrap up the 2017 “Concerts at the Lodge” series.
Fall Pool Hours
Pool hours through November 26 are 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Lap Swim is Monday through Sunday, 7 to 10 a.m.
Water Aerobics is Monday through Saturday at 8:30 a.m. Open Swim is Monday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Open until 6 p.m. beginning November 1).
The Last day the pool will be open is November 27. It will reopen in mid-March.
Main Gate Signage
Proposals are coming in to the Association for new Main Gate signage. Several concepts have been proposed thus far and are posted under “Projects” at www.canyonlakepoa.com. Members are asked to email their thoughts on these concepts to email@example.com. or call 951-244-6841, ext. 210.
Monday through Thursday: 5 to 9 p.m.
Friday: 5 to 10 p.m.
Saturday: 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Sunday Brunch: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Sunday Dinner: 3 to 8 p.m.
The Bar and Lounge will remain open for one hour after the restaurant closes; however, the kitchen will be closed, so food service will not be available.
The updated dinner menu is available Monday through Sunday nights. The new menu can be seen online at www.canyonlakelighthouse.com.
POA Exercise Classes
Classes can be purchased at Member Services or the Pool Office. Instructors cannot accept payment. To learn more about each class, visit canyonlakepoa.com or contact the Activities Department at 951-244-6841, ext. 618.
- Yoga by the Lake meets Tuesdays at 6 p.m. at Holiday Harbor and Saturdays at 9 a.m. at Sunset Beach. A participant’s first class is free; then will be $35 for five classes or $60 for 10 classes.
For more information, contact the Activities Department at 951-244-6841, ext. 618.
- Water Aerobics meets Monday through Saturday at 8:30 a.m. at the pool. Cost is $2 per class or $25 per month for unlimited classes.
- Canyon Lake Fit Camp meets Tuesday and Thursday at 7 a.m. at Holiday. The class is $99 per month; first class is free.
- Funk Fitness meets Tuesday and Thursday at 10 a.m., and Thursday evening at 7:15 p.m. All classes meet at the Lodge. Class punch cards are $35 for five classes; $70 for 11 classes.
- Zumba meets Monday and Thursday at 6 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room. Cost is $35 for five classes; $40 for 10 classes.
- Evening Yoga meets Monday at 7 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room. Cost is $25 for five classes; $40 for 10 classes.
- Morning Yoga meets Wednesday at 10 a.m. in the Sunset Beach Room at the Lodge. Cost is $25 for five classes; $40 for 10.
- Line Dancing – Beginning meets Tuesday at 2 p.m.; Intermediate meets Wednesday at 3 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room. Cost is $20 for five classes; $40 for 10.
- Dancercise meets Thursday at 9:30 a.m. in the Pool View Room at the Lodge. This class is free.