The City of Canyon Lake invites residents to dump their junk free of charge at the City-Wide Clean Up tomorrow, Apr. 7, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the parking lot of Canyon Lake Community Church, 30515 Railroad Canyon Rd. This event is sponsored by the City of Canyon Lake and CR&R Incorporated.
At the same time, Animal Friends of the Valley will be accepting donations of bleach, cat food, soft dog treats (Pedigree and Iams), towels and pet beds for animals.
The following waste will be accepted:
- Normal household trash
- Tree trimmings (bundled in 4’ lengths)
- Couches, tables, appliances, ovens, stoves and microwaves
- Concrete, asphalt, sod and lumber (cut and bundled)
- Some batteries
- E-Waste that is banned from landfills (i.e. computers, computer monitors, televisions, household electronic devices and tires)
The following waste will not be accepted:
- Latex and oil-based, paint related products
- Flammable liquids, fuels, compressed gas cylinders
- Household cleaners, drain openers, oven cleaners
- Poisons, pesticides, herbicides, fungicides
- Waste oil, antifreeze, car batteries, automotive cleaners
- All other household and commercial hazardous waste
- Lead-acid batteries
- Mercury thermostats
- Lamps (fluorescent light bulbs)
For more information, contact Vicki Day or Mike Borja at the City of Canyon Lake at 951-244-2955.