City Connection


RRC Rd. Fence Repairs

The city’s Fence Repair Project along Railroad Canyon Rd. began this week. Phase 1 of the project will include the westbound fence adjacent to the driving range of the golf course, including both sides of the entrance fence to the golf course.

A portion of the damaged fence locate directly opposite from the entrance to the golf course, on the eastbound side, is included in the repair project as well.

The project has an expected completion date of Thursday, Sept. 28. Repairs will take place Monday through Friday between the hours 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Lane closures are expected throughout the entire schedule of the project, more so on the westbound side due to the amount of repairs needed.

For more information, visit the city’s website at

Animal Control

The city contracts with the Animal Friends of the Valleys for Animal Control services. Animal Control officers are empowered by state law to enforce regulations concerning the safety of Canyon Lake residents and their pets. For more information, contact Animal Friends of the Valleys at 951-674-0618. For after hours emergencies, call 951-506-5069. License applications are available at city hall and on the Animal Friends of the Valleys website.

City Hall Hours

Canyon Lake City Hall is located in the Towne Center. Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Building and Safety Department hours are Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.

Business Licenses

All businesses operating in the City of Canyon Lake are required to have a business license, this includes businesses which operate from home. A contractor or subcontractor doing business in Canyon Lake on any job must also have a license.

City Council Meeting

City council meetings are held on the first Wednesday of every month in the Council Chamber at city hall. Closed Sessions start at 5:30 p.m.; Open Sessions start at 6:30 p.m.

Public Safety Meeting

Residents are invited to attend the meetings of the city’s Public Safety Committee where they will hear reports on police, fire, code enforcement, special enforcement, emergency preparedness and animal services. Meetings are held in the Council Chamber at city hall at 9:30 a.m. on the Tuesday before the monthly city council meeting which is held on the first Wednesday of every month.

Emergency Preparedness

The Canyon Lake Emergency Preparedness Committee (CLEPC) meets monthly on the first Thursday at 6:30 p.m. in the council chamber at city hall. The CLEPC is a committee made up of community volunteers who are committed to preparing and educating the community for emergencies, medical and shelter services, providing assessment and assisting in recovery after a disaster. For more information or to serve as a volunteer, call city hall at 951-244-2955.

Water Committee

Water Committee meetings are held quarterly. The next meeting is scheduled for Sept. 21 at 9 a.m. in the Council Chamber at city hall. Meetings are open to the public.

Event Permit

Any special event that will have 50 or more people requires a Special Event Permit. Permits should be submitted at least 28 days in advance. The city will either approve or deny the application within 14 calendar days. Applications are available at city hall and online at

Connect with City

Information about the city can be found on the city’s website at and on Facebook at

Bulky Item Collection

Items that can’t be handled by one CR&R driver or fit in the automated containers are considered “bulky items.” Each residential customer is entitled to two bulky item pick ups free of charge per calendar year. To make arrangements for a bulky item pick up contact CR&R at 800-826-9677.

Multipurpose Room

The Multipurpose Room, also known as Council Chamber, is available for meetings, gatherings, parties or business purposes. The room is 1,400 square feet. Non-profit organizations and Canyon Lake Clubs and organizations may qualify for discounted rates. The room can be booked through city hall at 951-244-2955. The application is available online

Only Rain in the Drain

Disposing of pollutants into the street, gutters, storm drains or lake is prohibited by law and can result in stiff penalties. Storm drains are not connected to sanitary sewer systems and treatment plants. The primary purpose of storm drains is to carry rainwater away from developed areas to prevent flooding.

Pollutants discharged to the storm drains are transported directly into the lake. Capture and dispose of wastewater and chemicals properly. Storm drains are for receiving rainwater runoff only. For more information or to report illegal discharges, call Canyon Lake Code Enforcement at 951-746-7978.

Veteran Bricks

Residents who wish to honor a loved one who is a veteran or is currently serving in a branch of the military can do so by purchasing a commemorative brick from the city. The cost is $50 per brick and includes installation. Order forms are available at city hall and Pack Wrap and Post in the Towne Center.

Power Outages

Notification regarding scheduled maintenance outages in the community can be viewed on the city’s website under “News and Announcements.” Southern California Edison (SCE) encourages residents to call its 24-hour emergency hotline at 800-611-1911 to report an unscheduled outage. It is the primary way for SCE to know there is a problem so crews can be deployed. Residents who experience outages can check the “Outage Center” at to learn what time they can expect power to be restored.


The city has an emergency notification system called CodeRED, which will alert each resident by phone or e-mail in the event of an emergency. The ultra high-speed telephone communication service allows the city to telephone all or targeted areas in case of an emergency, such as drinking water contamination, utility outage, evacuation notice, missing person, road closures, fires, floods, law enforcement activities that may impact the city, chemical spills and gas leaks where rapid and accurate notification is essential for public safety. The system is capable of calling home and cell phones and sending out emails.

City officials urge residents to take a few minutes and sign up for the service online on the city’s website at On the website, click on Services then Disaster Preparedness.  Those who previously signed up and haven’t made changes to their contact information don’t need to sign up again.

Home Repair Program

The city, with the help of Habitat for Humanity Inland Valley, implemented the Home Repair Program to help low-income homeowners by providing funding to do some unexpected exterior maintenance and repairs. Roof repairs, window repairs and heating and cooling repairs and installation are a few of the eligible items the program can help with. Funding is limited and applications are taken on a first come, first served bases. Qualification is required. For more information or to apply, call 951-296-3362, ext. 207, or email