Do you have a friend or neighbor who volunteered their time to make Canyon Lake a better place to live in 2017? Do you know a teenager who serves the community and is an example of everything that’s good about the younger generation? Who would you say should be Citizen of the Year or Organization of the Year?
Canyon Lakers have until Feb. 1 to nominate individuals, businesses, organizations and youths to receive recognition for making a difference in the community in 2017. A committee of Canyon Lake Chamber of Commerce members will select the honorees from the nominations submitted and honor them at the chamber’s 22nd annual Awards Gala and Installation of Officers on Saturday, Feb. 24, at 6 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room at the lodge.
There are five nomination categories: Citizen, Volunteer, Youth, Business and Organization of the Year. All nominations must be received at the chamber office by Feb. 1.
- Volunteer of the Year – An individual who has made a significant difference to the community through volunteerism.
- Citizen of the Year – An individual who has enhanced the quality of life in Canyon Lake through outstanding community involvement.
- Business of the Year – A Chamber member who provides exemplary customer service and superior products while supporting the Canyon Lake business community.
- Organization of the Year – A nonprofit organization or association whose programs of work have made a positive impact on the community.
- Youth of the Year – A Canyon Lake student who has exhibited academic excellence while being involved in the community and participating in school activities.
Nomination form are due Feb. 1. Forms may be dropped off at Pack Wrap and Post from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or the chamber office on Monday, Wednesday or Thursday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. They also may be mailed to 31566 Railroad Canyon Rd., Canyon Lake, CA 92587, faxed to 951-244-0831 or emailed to email@example.com. For more information, contact Alison Burrafato at 951-244-6124 or visit canyonlakecoc.org.