The Association bid farewell to Director of Operations Mike Morrow on Friday, September 30. Mike began with the Association in March 2015 and was trained to assist in the transition of Sandy Healy, the Operations Manager who retired in October 2015. During his time with the Association, Mike brought about many efficient changes in maintenance policies and practices.
Mike remitted his resignation as Director of Operations in September to pursue a new opportunity. A spokesperson for the Association says, “As Director of Operations, Mike was an invaluable asset in strengthening the Operational structure. We thank Mike for his service to the community and the Association.”
The Association held a ribbon-cutting ceremony at Outrigger Park on September 30 and Mike was given the honor of cutting the ribbon in recognition of his last day of employment with the Association.
The new playground design is a ship-themed play set complete with wind sails and a matching swing set.
Golf Course Closures
The Golf Course is closed October 3 to 23 for over-seeding and maintenance. The Country Club Restaurant will reopen October 9 after being closed for deep cleaning and maintenance.
The Lighthouse Haunted Halloween Party will take place inside the Lighthouse Bar on Saturday, October 29, from 9 p.m. until closing. This 21-and-over event will feature a bar menu, a costume contest with a prize for everyone in attendance, free giveaways, and other frills and thrills. The “Bad Dancers” will be performing. Valid ID and POA card required at the door.
Football Season at Lodge
Football food and drink specials are offered during any televised NFL game at the Lodge. This includes Monday and Thursday night football, and regular Sunday football games after Sunday brunch. Specials include $3 Domestic Drafts, $2 Jim Beam fire shots, $1 buffalo or barbecue wings (individual, minimum of 4), $1.50 potato skins (individual, minimum of 4), $20 for a domestic pitcher and a pizza (pepperoni or cheese), $15 appetizer platter.
Concerts at the Lodge 2017
The Association has announced the 2017 “Concerts at the Lodge” schedule. The February 11 Valentine’s concert will feature country music legend John Anderson. Blue Oyster Cult, Iron Butterfly, Blues Image and Steppenwolf will perform at the April 22 Classic Rock All Stars concert. Pop rockers Berlin will perform on June 24. The September 9 concert will feature country music heartthrob Ty Herndon. Leon Russell will wrap up the 2017 “Concerts at the Lodge” series when he performs on November 4.
Main Gate Signage
Proposals are coming in to the Association for new Main Gate signage. Several concepts have been proposed thus far and are posted under “Projects” at www.canyonlakepoa.com. Members are asked to email their thoughts on these concepts to email@example.com. or call 951-244-6841, ext. 210.
POA Exercise Classes
Classes can be purchased at Member Services or the Pool Office. Instructors cannot accept payment. To learn more about each class, visit canyonlakepoa.com or contact the Activities Department at 951-244-6841, ext. 618.
- Yoga by the Lake meets Tuesdays at 6 p.m. at Holiday Harbor and Saturdays at 9 a.m. at Sunset Beach. A participant’s first class is free; then will be $35 for five classes or $60 for 10 classes.
For more information, contact the Activities Department at 951-244-6841, ext. 618.
- Water Aerobics meets Monday through Saturday at 8:30 a.m. at the pool. Cost is $2 per class or $25 per month for unlimited classes.
- Canyon Lake Fit Camp meets Tuesday and Thursday at 7 a.m. at Holiday. The class is $99 per month; first class is free.
- Funk Fitness meets Tuesday and Thursday at 10 a.m., and Thursday evening at 7:15 p.m. All classes meet at the Lodge. Class punch cards are $35 for five classes; $70 for 11 classes.
- Zumba meets Monday and Thursday at 6 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room. Cost is $35 for five classes; $40 for 10 classes.
- Evening Yoga meets Monday at 7 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room. Cost is $25 for five classes; $40 for 10 classes.
- Morning Yoga meets Wednesday at 10 a.m. in the Sunset Beach Room at the Lodge. Cost is $25 for five classes; $40 for 10.
- Line Dancing – Beginning meets Tuesday at 2 p.m.; Intermediate meets Wednesday at 3 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room. Cost is $20 for five classes; $40 for 10.
- Dancercise meets Thursday at 9:30 a.m. in the Pool View Room at the Lodge. This class is free.