As a community newspaper, The Friday Flyer seeks and welcomes news, announcements and photos sent in by residents. “Out and About in Canyon Lake” features photos of every day life in the community as photographed by residents, volunteer photographers and, in some cases, The Friday Flyer staff. All of today’s features are by Donna Ritchie.
It is our desire that this section becomes a valued tradition for our readers and that many more will make contributions. Photo files should be large enough to print well on newsprint (at least 300 KB) and e-mailed to email@example.com.
Blake Lee, 15 months old, enjoys an afternoon at Sunset Beach with his brother and father.
- Stephanie Emery, and her husband Chuck, spent a recent evening fishing at Holiday Harbor. The Emerys are caring for both their mothers who live with them. Stephanie’s mother is 82; Chuck’s is 85. “Fishing gives us a break and some time alone,” says Stephanie. We went fishing on Sunday, too, so today we made our moms Tequila Sunrises to soften the blow that we were leaving them at home and going fishing again.”
- Friends of Diana Garza gathered at Holiday Park to bid her a farewell. Diana is moving to Hawaii to join her husband who is stationed there. She hopes to move back to Canyon Lake next year when her husband retires from the military.
- Steele Emerson, 2 1/2 years old, was one of the many kids in the community who enjoyed riding at the Pump Track Demo Tour at East Port Park on Friday, July 15.
- Greg and Tawny Perry are out for a sunset golf cart cruise with their son Tegan.
- Harmonee and Justin Herter chose the Lodge for the location of their recent family photo shoot.