Three of the five seats on the Canyon Lake POA Board of Directors are up for election in May when the two-year terms of Tom Nathan, Mike Harris and Phil Hawgood and come to an end.
Canyon Lake POA members interested in running for a seat on the board must turn in an Intent to Run packet. The packets will be available at the POA office starting Monday, Jan. 28.
The Intent to Run forms must be completed and returned to Harmony McNaughton at the POA office no later than Mar. 1 at 3 p.m. Canyon Lake POA prime or associate members that are in good standing may run for the board of directors. All candidates must comply with the Canyon Lake POA election rules.
A Candidate Orientation Meeting will be held at the POA office on Mar. 8 at 2 p.m. Candidates are not permitted to campaign prior to the meeting.
Candidates may start campaigning on Mar. 10. Election signs can only be placed in the Community Setback within the 60 day period prior to the election in accordance with the POA’s Election Sign Policy.
The 2019 Inspector of Elections will be Jackie Price/Debra Crawford with HOA Elections of California, Inc. The election schedule is as follows:
Monday, Jan. 28: “Notice of Intent to Run” packets available at the POA office
Friday, Mar. 1: “Intent to Run” packets must be completed and returned to Harmony McNaughton at the POA no later than 3 p.m. Statements will be posted on the POA website at canyonlakepoa.com.
Friday, Mar. 8: Candidate Orientation Meeting will be held at 2 p.m. at the POA office.
- Sunday, Mar. 10: Election signs may be placed in the Community Setback.
- Monday, Mar. 11: Member of Record Date to determine members entitled to meeting notice and eligibility to vote.
- Friday, Apr. 5: Notice of Annual Meeting, ballots and candidate statements will be mailed to members. Civil code requires they be sent out at least 30 days prior to the meeting date, which is May 9.
- Friday, May 3: Last day recommended to mail ballot.
- Thursday, May 9: Annual Meeting of the Members and Election of Director will be held at the lodge. Polls open at 8 a.m. The meeting will be called to order and polls will close at approximately 9 a.m.
- Saturday, May 11: Alternate Adjourned Annual Meeting Date (time to be determined) if quorum is not met on May 9.