Lake Elsinore Police Department Traffic Unit conducted a DUI/driver’s license checkpoint on Aug. 25 at Railroad Canyon Rd. at Church Rd. between the hours of 8 p.m. and 2 a.m.
The results are as follows:
- 1213 vehicles screened.
- 58 vehicles sent to secondary screening.
- 6 field sobriety tests conducted.
- 2 DUI-alcohol suspects arrested.
- 21 drivers cited/arrested for operating a vehicle unlicensed or while suspended/revoked.
- 8 citations additional issued.
Checkpoints are placed in locations that have the greatest opportunity for achieving drunk and drugged driving deterrence and provide the greatest safety for officers and the public.
The Riverside Sheriff’s Department encourages drivers to download the California Office of Traffic Safety DDVIP (Designated Driver VIP) free mobile app for Android or iPhone. The DDVIP app helps find nearby bars and restaurants that feature free incentives for the designated sober driver, from free non-alcoholic drinks to free appetizers and more. The feature-packed app has social media tie-ins and even a tab for the non-designated driver to call Uber, Lyft or Curb.