The Association is extending its gratitude to members of the community who are veterans or active duty military by offering 10 percent off a meal at the Country Club and 25 percent off golf merchandise during the month of November. Members must show a valid Military ID. Discounts excludes tax, gratuity and alcohol. Offer is valid during normal business hours only and not valid with any other offers or discounts. One discount per person. Day-use green fees only for the golf course. Offer expires November 30, 2016.
Sip and Shop
The Canyon Lake Country Club Golf Shop will be hosting a “Sip and Shop” on Thursday, December 8, from 12 to 8 p.m. There will be specials on all merchandise and a few fun games for even more savings. Refreshments will be served. Gift wrapping will be available.
Plans are completed for a new permanent restroom structure at Roadrunner Park. The Association is working with Elsinore Valley Municipal District to finalize a design that will facilitate a sewer connection for the proposed facility.
POA Text Alerts
Residents can sign up to receive updates on community and event announcements, Golf Course, lake and boating or choose to receive all the Association’s updates.
For general community and event announcements, text POA to 25827
For Golf Course updates, text TEE to 25827
For lake and boating, text LAKE to 25827
To receive all POA text messages, text ALLPOA to 28527
POA PEG Channels
The Association broadcasts meetings, regular updates and news on the City of Canyon Lake’s Public, Educational and Government (PEG) channels; channel 39 for Verizon Cable subscribers, channel, 29 for Time Warner Cable subscribers.
Concerts at the Lodge 2017
“2017 Concerts at the Lodge” schedule.
- February 11 – Valentine concert will feature country music legend John Anderson.
- April 22 – Classic Rock All Stars concert will feature Blue Oyster Cult, Iron Butterfly, Blues Image and Steppenwolf.
- June 24 – Pop rock band Berlin will perform.
- September 9 – Country music heartthrob Ty Herndon will perform.
- November 4 – Leon Russell will wrap up the 2017 “Concerts at the Lodge” series.
Monday through Thursday: 5 to 9 p.m.
Friday: 5 to 10 p.m.
Saturday: 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Sunday Brunch: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Sunday Dinner: 3 to 8 p.m.
The Bar and Lounge will remain open for one hour after the restaurant closes; however, the kitchen will be closed so food service will not be available.
The updated dinner menu is available Monday through Sunday nights. The new menu can be seen online at www.canyonlakelighthouse.com.
Fall Pool Hours
The Last day the pool will be open is Sunday, November 27. It will reopen in mid-March.
Lap Swim is Monday through Sunday, 7 to 10 a.m.
Water Aerobics is Monday through Saturday at 8:30 a.m.
Open Swim is Monday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
POA Exercise Classes
Classes can be purchased at Member Services or the Pool Office. To learn more about each class, visit canyonlakepoa.com or contact the Activities Department at 951-244-6841, ext. 618.
- Yoga by the Lake meets Tuesdays at 6 p.m. at Holiday Harbor and Saturdays at 9 a.m. at Sunset Beach. A participant’s first class is free; then will be $35 for five classes or $60 for 10 classes.
For more information, contact the Activities Department at 951-244-6841, ext. 618.
- Water Aerobics meets Monday through Saturday at 8:30 a.m. at the pool. Cost is $2 per class or $25 per month for unlimited classes.
- Canyon Lake Fit Camp meets Tuesday and Thursday at 7 a.m. at Holiday. The class is $99 per month; first class is free.
- Funk Fitness meets Tuesday and Thursday at 10 a.m., and Thursday evening at 7:15 p.m. All classes meet at the Lodge. Class punch cards are $35 for five classes; $70 for 11 classes.
- Zumba meets Monday and Thursday at 6 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room. Cost is $35 for five classes; $40 for 10 classes.
- Evening Yoga meets Monday at 7 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room. Cost is $25 for five classes; $40 for 10 classes.
- Morning Yoga meets Wednesday at 10 a.m. in the Sunset Beach Room at the Lodge. Cost is $25 for five classes; $40 for 10.
- Line Dancing – Beginning meets Tuesday at 2 p.m.; Intermediate meets Wednesday at 3 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room. Cost is $20 for five classes; $40 for 10.
Football food and drink specials are offered during any televised NFL game at the Lodge. This includes Monday and Thursday night football, and regular Sunday football games after Sunday brunch. Specials include $3 Domestic Drafts, $2 Jim Beam fire shots, $1 buffalo or barbecue wings (individual, minimum of 4), $1.50 potato skins (individual, minimum of 4), $20 for a domestic pitcher and a pizza (pepperoni or cheese), $15 appetizer platter.
Main Gate Signage
The Association is evaluating options for signage and landscaping at the Main Gate. Several concepts have been proposed thus far and are posted under “Projects” at www.canyonlakepoa.com. Members are asked to email their thoughts on these concepts to firstname.lastname@example.org.