Main Gate Project
The Association announced late Friday afternoon, February 5, that, due to unforeseen permitting delays, the Main Gate renovation start date has been postponed by one to two weeks. The Association will notify the membership of the new start date once confirmed.
Once it begins, the project has an estimated 60- to 90-day timeline. The contractor will be phasing work to ensure there are as few interruptions and delays as possible. The goal is to keep at least one entrance lane and one exit lane maintained at all times. Traffic control Once work starts, residents and their guests will be advised to use the alternate East and North Gates to avoid and reduce traffic delays entering and exiting the community. View the Project Fact Sheet at www.canyonlakepoa.com.
POA Offices Closed Monday
Association offices will be closed Monday, February 15, for Presidents Day.
Intent To Run Packets
Members interested in running for the CLPOA Board of Directors can pick up an Intent to Run packet at Member Services. Packets must be completed and returned to Clerk of the Board Lynn Jensen by Friday, February 19, at 3 p.m. Two of the five seats on the Board are up for election on May 12. The two-year terms of Douglas Gordon and David Eilers will expire in May.
For more information about the Intent to Run packet or the election, email Lynn at email@example.com.
State of the Association
The Association’s inaugural “State of the Association” event will be held at the Lodge on Friday, February 19, at 12 p.m. The Board of Directors and General Manager will address 2015 achievements and project plans moving into 2016. This is an event for the membership (prime and associate members). Due to limited seating, members should RSVP for this event by contacting the Corporate Office at 951-244-6841, ext. 210.
Pool Opens in March
The pool is scheduled to open March 12.
POA Exercise Classes
Classes can be purchased at Member Services or the Pool Office. Instructors cannot accept payment. To learn more about each class, visit canyonlakepoa.com.
- Funk Fitness. meets Tuesday and Thursday at 10 a.m., and Thursday evening at 7:15 p.m. All classes meet at the Lodge. Class punch cards are $35 for five classes; $70 for 11 classes.
- Zumba meets Monday and Thursday at 6 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room. Cost is $35 for five classes; $40 for 10 classes.
- Evening Yoga meets Monday at 7 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room. Cost is $25 for five classes; $40 for 10 classes.
- Morning Yoga meets Wednesday at 10 a.m. in the Sunset Beach Room at the Lodge. Cost is $25 for five classes; $40 for 10.
- Line Dancing – Beginning meets Tuesday at 2 p.m.; Intermediate meets Wednesday at 3 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room. Cost is $20 for five classes; $40 for 10.
- Dancercise meets Thursday at 9:30 a.m. in the Pool View Room at the Lodge. This class is free.