- There are no movies this weekend. Upcoming Family Movie Nights are scheduled for August 7 and August 21. The next Flick and Float at the Lodge pool is scheduled for August 14.
- The Kid’s Fishing Derby will be on Saturday, August 15, at Holiday Harbor. Registration will take place between 6 and 8 a.m. Hosted by the Canyon Lake Bassmasters, this event is free for Canyon Lake residents and their guests, ages 5 to 15.
- The Mermaid Festival will be on Saturday, August 22, at Indian Beach. Hosted by the Canyon Lake Woman’s Club, this inaugural event calls all mermaids, mermen, pirates and people who love the sea to come down to Indian Beach where there will be mermaid and pirate-themed activities as well as food and merchandise vendors.
- The Pedal Paddle Regatta will be on Saturday, August 29, at 10 a.m. at Indian Beach. Hosted by the Fitness and Triathlon Club, everyone with a paddle board, kayak, canoe or pedal boat is invited to join this free, non-motorized cruise of the East Bay. Following the cruise will be a burger barbecue for $5 per person.
- Taco Tuesday is ongoing at the Lodge and Sunset Beach every Tuesday, 5 to 8:30 p.m., until September 1. Each week features entertainment, vendor booths, kid zone, snack shack and food and drink specials from the Lighthouse Restaurant and Bar.
- The next Learn To Ski Day is August 12 in the North Ski Area, hosted by the Ski Club. The cost is $10. Available times are 1, 2 or 3 p.m. Space is limited and pre-registration is necessary. For advance registration, call Terry Pierce at 951-609-4790. For more information, visit www.canyonlakeskiclub.com.
- The next Learn To Ride Day is September 12. Registration opens at 8 a.m. at the Ski Pavilion in the North Ski Area. The cost is $15 per ride. Learn to wakeboard or improve skills in wake boarding and wake skating. The Wakeboard Club provides boats, equipment and training. For more information visit www.canyonlakewake.com.
- Horse Riding Lessons – Children who would like to take horse riding lessons can sign up with Gretchen Painter by calling 951-334-4145.
Lesson rates begin at $35. Lessons are taught at the Equestrian Center; horses will be provided.