Signups are being taken at the pool now for swim lessons, water polo lessons and Mommy and Me sessions. Adult swim lessons are available upon request.
Swim lessons begin June 18. Classes are held Monday through Friday and run 30 minutes. There are two class times to choose from: 10:15 a.m. and 11 a.m.
The cost is $75 for the first week. The cost for a second week, or for an additional child, is $45. The third week is free. Only one free week per household. Additional weeks are $45 per week.
Swim lesson levels:
- Tot Swim: Face in the water, introduction to floating
- Level 1: Kicking and safety rules
- Level 2: Hold breath for three seconds, introduction to retrieving objects and turning front to back
- Level 3: Introduction to diving and retrieving objects with no support
- Level 4: Elementary backstroke, standing dive, and treading water
- Level 5: Breaststroke, butterfly kick, and alternate breathing
- Level 6: Front crawl (100 yards)
- Level 7: Front crawl (200 yards), back crawl (100 yards), and rescue skills
Mommy and Me
Mommy and Me sessions are offered July 9 through July 13 only. The cost is $35 per week. For more information, call the pool office at 951-244-6841, ext. 617.
Water polo lessons begin June 18 and runs for six weeks. All ages are accepted; however, the participant must be able to swim the full length of the pool, 25 yards.
Classes meet Monday through Friday from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. The cost is $50 per week.
Buy two weeks get the third week free. Only one free week per household. Additional weeks are $45 per week.