City Connection


City Hall Hours

Canyon Lake City Hall is located in the Towne Center. Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Building and Safety Department hours are Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.

Business Licenses

All businesses operating in the City of Canyon Lake are required to have a business license, this includes businesses which operate from home. A contractor or subcontractor doing business in Canyon Lake on any job must also have a license.

Crime Tips

The Riverside Sheriff’s Department provides the opportunity for citizens to report crime tips anonymously online. The reporter’s name and contact information are only required if they wish to receive a response back. The online Crime Tips form can be found at

The form is not monitored 24 hours a day and should not be used to report crimes in progress or other suspicious activity that requires an immediate law enforcement response. For emergencies call, 911. For non-emergencies call 1-808-950-2444.

City Council Meetings

City council meetings are monthly on the first Wednesday in the Council Chamber at city hall. Closed Sessions start at 5:30 p.m.; Open Sessions start at 6:30 p.m. Meetings are televised.

The Canyon Lake City Council is the elected body of City Government, that consist of a five-member, non-partisan board, elected at large from the citizens of Canyon Lake. They are responsible for formulating the policies for the city and approving the major actions through which the municipal functions are conducted.

Public Safety Meeting

Residents are invited to attend the meetings of the city’s Public Safety Committee where they will hear reports on police, fire, code enforcement, special enforcement, emergency preparedness and animal services. Meetings are held in the Council Chamber at city hall at 9:30 a.m. on the Tuesday before the monthly city council meeting, which is typically held on the first Wednesday of every month. The meeting provides an opportunity for residents to express safety concerns to all safety officials in one place.

Event Permit

Any special event that will have 50 or more people requires a Special Event Permit. Permits should be submitted at least 28 days in advance. The city will either approve or deny the application within 14 calendar days. Applications are available at city hall and online at

Animal Control

The city contracts with the Animal Friends of the Valleys for Animal Control services. Animal Control officers are empowered by state law to enforce regulations concerning the safety of Canyon Lake residents and their pets. For more information, contact Animal Friends of the Valleys at 951-674-0618. For after hours emergencies, call 951-506-5069. License applications are available at city hall and on the Animal Friends of the Valleys website.

Bulky Item Collection

Items that can’t be handled by one CR&R driver or fit in the automated containers are considered “bulky items.

Each residential customer is entitled to two bulky item pick-ups free of charge per calendar year. To make arrangements for a bulky item pick up contact CR&R at 800-826-9677.

Room Rental

The Multipurpose Room, also known as Council Chamber, is available for meetings, gatherings, parties or business purposes. The room is 1,400 square feet. Non-profit organizations and Canyon Lake Clubs and organizations may qualify for discounted rates.

The room can be booked through city hall at 951-244-2955. The application is available online

Unscheduled Power Outages

Canyon Lake has experienced several unplanned power outages within certain areas in the community due to Southern California Edison replacing underground cable within the city. SCE continues to explore additional opportunities to upgrade electrical infrastructure in Canyon Lake to ensure reliable electricity for all its customers. Residents who experience outages can check SCE’s Outage Center at to learn what time they can expect power to be restored. Residents who experience unscheduled power outages are encouraged to call its 24-hour emergency hotline at 800-611-1911 to report an unscheduled outage. It is the primary way for SCE to know there is a problem so crews can be deployed.

Veteran Bricks

Residents who wish to honor a loved one who is a veteran or is currently serving in a branch of the military can do so by purchasing a commemorative brick from the city. The cost is $50 per brick and includes installation at the Veterans Memorial Park in the Towne Center. Order forms are available at city hall and Pack Wrap and Post in the Towne Center.

Emergency Preparedness

The Canyon Lake Emergency Preparedness Committee (CLEPC) meets monthly on the first Thursday at 6:30 p.m. in the council chamber at city hall. The CLEPC is made up of community volunteers who are committed to preparing and educating the community for emergencies, medical and shelter services, providing assessment and assisting in recovery after a disaster. For more information or to serve as a volunteer, call city hall at 951-244-2955.


The City of Canyon Lake contracts with the Riverside County Library System to provide library services. The library, located in the city hall building, offers free books, large print books, free internet access, reading programs and more. All programs at the library are free to the public and do not require library membership. Membership is required to check out materials and to use many of the internet programs available from home. Library hours are Mondays from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Wednesdays and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturdays 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The library is closed Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. For more information, call 951-244-9181.