Canyon Lakers who wish to nominate individuals, businesses, organizations and youths to receive recognition for making a difference in the community in 2017 must turn in their nomination form no later than Thursday, Feb. 1.
Forms may be dropped off at Pack Wrap and Post in the Towne Center from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or the Canyon Lake Chamber of Commerce office on Monday, Wednesday or Thursday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. They also may be mailed to the chamber at 31566 Railroad Canyon Rd., Canyon Lake, CA, 92587, faxed to 951-244-0831, or emailed to email@example.com.
A committee of chamber members will select the honorees from the nominations submitted and honor them at the chamber’s 22nd annual Awards Gala and Installation of Officers Dinner on Saturday, Feb. 24, at 6 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room at the lodge.
There are five nomination categories: Citizen, Volunteer, Youth, Business and Organization of the Year.
- Volunteer of the Year – An individual who has made a significant difference to the community through volunteerism.
- Citizen of the Year – An individual who has enhanced the quality of life in Canyon Lake through outstanding community involvement.
- Business of the Year – A chamber member who provides exemplary customer service and superior products while supporting the Canyon Lake business community.
- Organization of the Year – A nonprofit organization or association whose programs of work have made a positive impact on the community.
- Youth of the Year – A Canyon Lake student who has exhibited academic excellence while being involved in the community and participating in school activities.
Tickets to the Awards Gala and Installation of Officers Dinner are $45. Seating is limited, reservations are required.
Sponsorship opportunities are available. The chamber is also seeking donations for its opportunity drawing.
For tickets or more information, contact Alison Burrafato at 951-244-6124 or visit canyonlakecoc.org.