Do you know an outstanding Canyon Lake volunteer, citizen, business, organization or youth who made a difference in the community in 2017? Now is the time to nominate them for recognition.
Each year, the Canyon Lake Chamber of Commerce holds an Awards Gala to recognize members of the community who make a difference. A committee of chamber members select the honorees from the nominations submitted by the members of the community. The honorees will be recognized at the 22nd annual Awards Gala with the Installation of Chamber Officers and Presentation of Community Awards on Saturday, Feb. 24, at 6 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room at the lodge.
Nominations are open now in the following categories:
- Volunteer of the Year – An individual who has made a significant difference to the community through volunteerism.
- Citizen of the Year – An individual who has enhanced the quality of life in Canyon Lake through outstanding community involvement.
- Business of the Year – A Chamber member who provides exemplary customer service and superior products while supporting the Canyon Lake business community.
- Organization of the Year – A nonprofit organization or association whose programs of work have made a positive impact on the community.
- Youth of the Year – A Canyon Lake student who has exhibited academic excellence while being involved in the community and participating in school activities.
Residents who wish to submit a nomination should complete the nomination form and return it no later than Feb.1. Forms may be dropped off at Pack Wrap and Post from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or the chamber office on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Forms also may be mailed to 31566 Railroad Canyon Rd., Canyon Lake, CA 92587, faxed to 951-244-0831 or emailed to email@example.com. For more information, contact Executive Director Alison Burrafato at 951-244-6124.
The Canyon Lake Chamber of Commerce is an association of businesses and individuals organized to encourage a strong local economy and quality of life. It achieves this by promoting and advancing the civic, cultural and educational development of the Canyon Lake area and providing a valuable forum for issues affecting local commerce and the general well being of the community.
Benefits of membership include a place to belong, a voice in the legislature, administration, networking, community interface, task forces, events and fundraisers. To learn more, visit canyonlakecoc.com.