Gate Procedure Modified
In an effort to streamline access into the community, the POA has modified the entrance process. Effective November 4, the POA has revised the entrance procedure to allow returning guests with valid guest passes to use the decal lane for access at all gates.
Thanksgiving at the Lodge
The Lighthouse will be serving a buffet style feast on Thanksgiving from 12 to 4 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room. For reservations, call 951-244-6841.
Sip and Shop
The Canyon Lake Country Club Golf Shop will be hosting a “Sip and Shop” on Thursday, December 8, from 12 to 8 p.m. There will be specials on all merchandise and a few fun games for even more savings. Refreshments will be served. Gift wrapping will be available.
The 35th annual Tree Lighting, hosted by the POA and JWC, is Saturday, December 4, at 4 p.m. at the Lodge. This event will include entertainment and a visit from Santa and Mrs. Claus.
New Year’s Eve Party
The Lodge is planning a rockin’ New Year’s Eve bash that will include live entertainment and a few more surprises.
The new Dog Park at East Port Park is now open. Fencing, seating and fountains have been installed. Dogs must remain on leashes when outside the gated area.
POA Text Alerts
Residents can sign up to receive updates on community and event announcements, Golf Course, lake and boating or choose to receive all the Association’s updates.
For general community and event announcements, text POA to 25827
For Golf Course updates, text TEE to 25827
For lake and boating, text LAKE to 25827
To receive all POA text messages, text ALLPOA to 28527
POA PEG Channels
The Association broadcasts meetings, regular updates and news on the City of Canyon Lake’s Public, Educational and Government (PEG) channels; channel 39 for Verizon Cable subscribers, channel, 29 for Time Warner Cable subscribers.
The Association has a new security email address for residents who wish to provide feedback on Community Patrol services. The POA wants to hear from residents, whether it’s a compliment, complaint or a concern about security. The new email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, is a non-emergency, no-reply email address.
Residents are reminded that Community Patrol is to assist residents with non-emergency Incidents, such as POA Rules and Regulations violations. Community Patrol can be reached at 951-244-6841, ext. 410. For matters pertaining to the law and duties regularly carried out by peace officers, call the Riverside Sheriff’s Office (RSO) non-emergency number at 951-776-1099. For emergencies, call 911.
Community Patrol can assist wit the following non-emergency incidents:
Loud noise complaints
Barking dogs or loose dogs
Speeding and traffic sign violations
Motorcycle riding In community
Golf carts violating Rules and Regulations
Vandalism to POA property
For more information or to speak with management, call the Director of Security, Jay Cregeen, at 951-244-6841, ext. 411 or the POA Sr. Member Services Manager, Cory Gorham, at 951-244-6841, ext. 311.
Concerts at the Lodge 2017
“2017 Concerts at the Lodge” schedule.
- February 11 – Valentine concert will feature country music legend John Anderson.
- April 22 – Classic Rock All Stars concert will feature Blue Oyster Cult, Iron Butterfly, Blues Image and Steppenwolf.
- June 24 – Pop rock band Berlin will perform.
- September 9 – Country music heartthrob Ty Herndon will perform.
- November 4 – Leon Russell- The Leon Russell concert has been canceled due to his passing on November 13, 2016.
Fall Pool Hours
The Last day the pool will be open is Sunday, November 27. It will reopen in mid-March.
Lap Swim is Monday through Sunday, 7 to 10 a.m.
Water Aerobics is Monday through Saturday at 8:30 a.m.
Open Swim is Monday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Football food and drink specials are offered during any televised NFL game at the Lodge. This includes Monday and Thursday night football, and regular Sunday football games after Sunday brunch. Specials include $3 Domestic Drafts, $2 Jim Beam fire shots, $1 buffalo or barbecue wings (individual, minimum of 4), $1.50 potato skins (individual, minimum of 4), $20 for a domestic pitcher and a pizza (pepperoni or cheese), $15 appetizer platter.
Tennis Court Project
The Association will begin the Tennis Court Rehabilitation Project on November 21. The project, approved by the Board in May, will renovate the Tennis Courts and surrounding area. Renovation will include: court resurfacing, replacing the mesh windscreens and fencing, caulking and striping, rail installment, pressure washing and fresh paint. The project is expected to complete in four to six weeks.
The Association has submitted plans to the state for approval to proceed with the campground renovation as submitted. Per the City’s guidance, the Association is now seeking approval from the state to proceed with the design as planned.
For more information, contact the Activities Department at 951-244-6841, ext. 618.
- Water Aerobics meets Monday through Saturday at 8:30 a.m. at the pool. Cost is $2 per class or $25 per month for unlimited classes.
- Canyon Lake Fit Camp meets Tuesday and Thursday at 7 a.m. at Holiday. The class is $99 per month; first class is free.
- Funk Fitness meets Tuesday and Thursday at 10 a.m., and Thursday evening at 7:15 p.m. All classes meet at the Lodge. Class punch cards are $35 for five classes; $70 for 11 classes.
- Zumba meets Monday and Thursday at 6 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room. Cost is $35 for five classes; $40 for 10 classes.
- Evening Yoga meets Monday at 7 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room. Cost is $25 for five classes; $40 for 10 classes.
- Morning Yoga meets Wednesday at 10 a.m. in the Sunset Beach Room at the Lodge. Cost is $25 for five classes; $40 for 10.
- Line Dancing – Beginning meets Tuesday at 2 p.m.; Intermediate meets Wednesday at 3 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room. Cost is $20 for five classes; $40 for 10.
- Dancercise meets Thursday at 9:30 a.m. in the Pool View Room at the Lodge. This class is free.