The new East Port Dog Park construction is well under way. Fencing is in place; seating and fountains are being installed over the next few weeks. The area will be closed off until construction is completed. The new park will provide a fenced area where dogs can socialize and play freely without leashes. The POA plans a ribbon-cutting ceremony once construction is complete.
The POA will begin the Tennis Court Rehabilitation Project on November 21. The project, approved by the Board in May, will renovate the Tennis Courts and surrounding area. Renovation will include court resurfacing, replacing the mesh windscreens and fencing, caulking and striping, rail installment, pressure washing and fresh paint. The project is expected to complete in four to six weeks.
The Lighthouse Haunted Halloween Party will take place inside the Lighthouse Bar on Saturday, October 29, from 9 p.m. until closing. This 21-and-over event will feature a bar menu, costume contest with a prize, free giveaways, and other frills and thrills. The “Bad Dancers” band will perform. A valid ID and POA card are required at the door.
Community Patrol Stats
Community safety and security is a high priority for the Association. The City, Riverside Sheriff’s Department and the Association all work closely to provide the residents of Canyon Lake with a safe community.
Securitas Account Manager Jay Cregeen presented the Community Patrol and Marine Patrol reports for September.
Community Patrol answered 347 call for service with a response time of seven minutes. Community Patrol issued 101 citations and four warnings.
Patrol issued 65 citations for parking violations, eight speeding citations, one failure to stop for a school bus citation, one motorcycle citation, one curfew citation and three miscellaneous citations. Seven citations were issued for verbal abuse. Four animal related citations, one identification for access control citation and nine failure to comply citations were issued.
There were 20 incident reports. Of those, 11 were for gate arm damage. Gate arm damage occurred nine times to the middle lane, one time to the visitor lane and one time to the RFID lane. Two vandalism and two graffiti incidents were reported. Other incidents include a damaged lock, oil spill, broken sprinkler, traffic accident and damaged mailboxes.
Marine Patrol logged 428.5 boat engine hours and 14.9 escorted hours. Seventeen violation citations were issued. There were 22 boat inspections, 38 fishing license/permit checks, 12 boat tows, 1 miscellaneous tow, 2 battery assists and 23 boating safety contacts (18 verbal/5 warning).
Marine Patrol issued 53 quarantine tags (red) and 105 service seals (white). There were three AIS (Aquatic Invasive Species Inspection) “Quagga” inspections.
For questions or concerns regarding daily community safety or security issues, email Sr. Manager of Member Services Cory Gorham at firstname.lastname@example.org or 951-244-6841.
The Canyon Lake Property Owner’s Association invites residents to sign up for the new Birthday Club. Members who sign up for the Birthday Club mailing list will receive a free entree (no minimum or maximum), compliments of the Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar or the Canyon Lake Country Club.
Members may redeem the free entree 14 days prior to their birthday. Those who sign up will be the first to hear about exclusive Canyon Lake news, upcoming events and the newest food and drink specials through the Association’s weekly email newsletter.
Members can sign up for the Birthday Club by visiting the CLPOA website at www.canyonlakepoa.com. Members also can sign up by asking their server at the Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar or Country Club or by visiting the Member Services office.
Concerts at the Lodge 2017
The POA has announced the “2017 Concerts at the Lodge” schedule.
- February 11 – Valentine concert will feature country music legend John Anderson.
- April 22 – Classic Rock All Stars concert will feature Blue Oyster Cult, Iron Butterfly, Blues Image and Steppenwolf.
- June 24 – Pop rock band Berlin will perform.
- September 9 – Country music heartthrob Ty Herndon will perform.
- November 4 – Leon Russell will wrap up the 2017 “Concerts at the Lodge” series.
Fall Pool Hours
Pool hours through November 27 are 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Lap Swim is Monday through Sunday, 7 to 10 a.m.
Water Aerobics is Monday through Saturday at 8:30 a.m.
Open Swim is Monday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Open until 6 p.m. beginning November 1).
Football Season at Lodge
Football food and drink specials are offered during any televised NFL game at the Lodge. This includes Monday and Thursday night football, and regular Sunday football games after Sunday brunch. Specials include $3 Domestic Drafts, $2 Jim Beam fire shots, $1 buffalo or barbecue wings (individual, minimum of 4), $1.50 potato skins (individual, minimum of 4), $20 for a domestic pitcher and a pizza (pepperoni or cheese), $15 appetizer platter.
Main Gate Signage
Proposals are coming in to the Association for new Main Gate signage. Several concepts have been proposed thus far and are posted under “Projects” at www.canyonlakepoa.com. Members are asked to email their thoughts on these concepts to email@example.com. or call 951-244-6841, ext. 210.
Monday through Thursday: 5 to 9 p.m.
Friday: 5 to 10 p.m.
Saturday: 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Sunday Brunch: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Sunday Dinner: 3 to 8 p.m.
The Bar and Lounge will remain open for one hour after the restaurant closes; however, the kitchen will be closed so food service will not be available.
The dinner menu can be seen online at www.canyonlakelighthouse.com.
POA Exercise Classes
Classes can be purchased at Member Services or the Pool Office. Instructors cannot accept payment. To learn more about each class, visit canyonlakepoa.com or contact the Activities Department at 951-244-6841, ext. 618.
- Yoga by the Lake meets Tuesdays at 6 p.m. at Holiday Harbor and Saturdays at 9 a.m. at Sunset Beach. A participant’s first class is free; then will be $35 for five classes or $60 for 10 classes.
For more information, contact the Activities Department at 951-244-6841, ext. 618.
- Water Aerobics meets Monday through Saturday at 8:30 a.m. at the pool. Cost is $2 per class or $25 per month for unlimited classes.
- Canyon Lake Fit Camp meets Tuesday and Thursday at 7 a.m. at Holiday. The class is $99 per month; first class is free.
- Funk Fitness meets Tuesday and Thursday at 10 a.m., and Thursday evening at 7:15 p.m. All classes meet at the Lodge. Class punch cards are $35 for five classes; $70 for 11 classes.
- Zumba meets Monday and Thursday at 6 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room. Cost is $35 for five classes; $40 for 10 classes.
- Evening Yoga meets Monday at 7 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room. Cost is $25 for five classes; $40 for 10 classes.
- Morning Yoga meets Wednesday at 10 a.m. in the Sunset Beach Room at the Lodge. Cost is $25 for five classes; $40 for 10.
- Line Dancing – Beginning meets Tuesday at 2 p.m.; Intermediate meets Wednesday at 3 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room. $20 for five classes; $40 for 10.
- Dancercise meets Thursday at 9:30 a.m. in the Pool View Room at the Lodge. This class is free.