As a community newspaper, The Friday Flyer seeks and welcomes news, announcements and photos sent in by residents. “Out and About in Canyon Lake” features photos of every day life in the community as photographed by residents, volunteer photographers and, in some cases, The Friday Flyer staff.
It is our desire that this section becomes a valued tradition for our readers and that many more will make contributions. Photo files should be large enough to print well on newsprint (at least 300 KB) and e-mailed to email@example.com.
- Six-year-old Jenna Humphrey learns to ride her trainer ski at the north end of the Main Lake.
- The Canyon Lake Lions Club held its annual garage sale September 30 to October 1 at the home of Lion Phil Coughlin. Proceeds will be used to enable the club to continue its efforts helping others less fortunate.
- Pete and Suzi Delia enjoy a glass of wine at the Lodge prior to the Darryl Worley concert on October 1.
- Siblings Shaun and Marissa McKinnon often eat appetizers at the Country Club. “My kids love the Country Club’s appetizers,” says mom their mom, Aprile San Paolo McKinnon. “Half-off the price Monday through Friday, from 2 to 5 p.m., is a great deal too.”
- Sue Chaffey takes a sunset cruise with her Goldendoodles Rosie and Kara.
- Women of the Canyon Lake Yacht Club show off their hats at the group’s “Margaritaville” party on October 1 at Holiday Harbor.