The early bird gets the worm and so will the children who show up early for the Kids Fishing Derby tomorrow, September 10, from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Holiday Harbor. This event is free for ages 5 to 15, with worms provided as long as supplies last.
The event will include a special prize drawing for two Aqua Lily Pads. Tickets for the drawing may be purchased at the event. As part of the annual event, each participant automatically receive one ticket for a separate prize drawing that includes bicycles and many other prizes.
Bassmasters President Travis Smith would like to remind parents that children must register and sign a consent form in order to participate in the Fishing Derby. Registration will take place from 6 to 8 a.m.
Children can fish from the time they register until 11 a.m. Registered participants automatically will be eligible for the prize drawing that takes place after the hot dog lunch.
This event traditionally brings out 300 to 400 kids. Trophies and prizes are awarded in three different age groups (5-7, 8-11 and 12-15) plus one for Big Fish in each species and Big Fish for a boy and a girl.
Here’s the schedule and more details:
Registration: 6 to 8 a.m.
Fishing Time: 6 to 11 a.m.
Fish weigh-in: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Food Served: 12 p.m.
Awards and Prize Drawing: 1 p.m.
- Child must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Worms will be handed out at registration while supplies last.
- Fishing may be done anywhere on the lake.
- Weigh-in will start at 11 a.m., and participants must be in line to weigh no later than 12 p.m.
- The Bassmasters will start serving the free food during weigh-in and will continue until it’s gone (hot dogs, chips, water, soda and sno-cones).