Canyon Lake’s biggest party of the year is set to begin tomorrow morning with a parade and festivities at the Lodge.
The parade will begin at 9 a.m. at Gulfstream and Canyon Lake Dr. North, and will proceed to the Lodge where a food court, vendors, kids zone, entertainment and special activities will last until 4 p.m.
Prior to the start of the parade, portions of Canyon Lake Dr. North and South will be blocked off to through traffic, so residents should ask their guests to arrive before 8:30 a.m. or after 10:30 a.m. if they need to drive through the area of the parade route.
Residents in the area of the parade route will see signs indicating that parking on the street will not be allowed from midnight to 10:30 a.m. on Canyon Lake Dr. North (from Steel Head Dr. to Canyon Club Dr.), Canyon Club Dr., Lighthouse Dr. and the parade line-up streets.
Parade line-up will begin at 7 a.m. on Canyon Lake Drive North at the four parade stations: Yellow Feather Drive, Mayflower Drive, Spray Drive and Smugglers Point Drive.
Only vehicles with designated parking passes and handicapped placards will be allowed past the corner of Canyon Club Dr. and Lighthouse Dr.
After the parade, a shuttle will pick up and drop off throughout the day at Blue Bird Hall, Holiday Harbor, East Port, Sierra Park, Gault Field and the corner of Lighthouse and Country Club Drives (near the Fiesta Day venue).
The ShowCal Skiers are proud to be leading the annual Fiesta Day Ski Show exhibition, with members of the Wakeboard Club and Ski Club participating in the show that starts at 1 p.m. Saturday off Sunset Beach.
‘HANDS FOR AMY’
There will be a booth at Fiesta Day to raise awareness and funds for Amy Martinez to receive hands. Amy learned recently that her insurance company denied funds for prosthetics. The Canyon Lake mother of two young children lost both of her feet and hands to amputation last year after going into septic shock in February 2015. To learn more or make a donation, visit www.charityforcharity.org/#!amys-journal/cfdq or stop by the booth at Fiesta Day.
Schedule of Activities
- Parade – 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Main Event – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- 10:30 to 11 a.m. – Parfait Acapella Group
- 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Hodads Band
- 12 p.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Dance Disco Demo (disco dance lessons by Judi Ruth Meredith)
- 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. – Hodads Band
- 1:30 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. – Beard & Mustache Contest
- 1:45 p.m. to 2 p.m. – Name That Tune Contest
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. – Hodads Band
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Vendor Booth Fair featuring more than 100 vendors and food booths will line the Lodge parking lot. The Lighthouse Restaurant will be offering drink specials and selling iconic Fiesta Day Margarita Cups along with other drink specials.
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Rock Wall ($5 per person)
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- 10 a.m. – Invocation by Pastor Pete VanDyke
- 10:05 a.m. – California Military Institute Color Guard Present Colors
- 10:10 a.m. – Pledge of Allegiance by Boy Scouts & Girl Scouts
- 10:15 a.m. – National Anthem by Elsinore High Choir
- 10:20 a.m. – Introduction of Sponsors, Dignitaries and Veterans
- 10:30 to 11:15 a.m. – Dana The Magician Show
- 11:15 a.m. – JDI Dance Co. Show
- 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. – Reptile Show
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Tube-Rolling on the lake ($5 per person)
- 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. – Ski Show at Sunset Beach
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Mini Horse Petting Zoo (people are invited to take pictures)
- 11 to 1 p.m. – Face-painting ($2)
- 1 to 3 p.m. Balloon Artist
- 11:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Hula Hoop Contest (who can ‘hula’ the longest)
- 12 p.m. – Kid’s Zone Raffle
- 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. – Balloon Artist
- 3 p.m. – Kid’s Zone Raffle