There will be a lot of extra traffic on both Friday and Saturday, May 27 and 28 (day of the event). Parking on the street will not be allowed from midnight to 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 28, on the following streets:
- Canyon Lake Dr. North from Steel Head Dr. to Canyon Club Dr.
- Canyon Club Dr. and Lighthouse Dr.
- Parade line-up streets: Yellow Feather Dr., Mayflower Dr., Spray Dr. and Smugglers Point Dr..
- No parking at the Lodge after midnight on Friday, May 27. Only vehicles with designated parking passes, handicapped placards and golf carts will be allowed past the corner of Canyon Club Dr. and Lighthouse Dr. after the parade. These vehicles must park in designated areas. If possible, please use the shuttle service to help with traffic.
NOTE: Like last year, from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m., Canyon Club Dr. will be one-way traffic only, heading towards Lighthouse Dr.. Also, Lighthouse Dr. will be one-way traffic only heading towards Vacation Dr.
A shuttle will pick up and drop off throughout the day at Blue Bird Hall, Holiday Harbor, East Port, Sierra Park, Gault Field and the corner of Lighthouse and Country Club Drives (near the Fiesta Day venue).
Fiesta Day will kick off with its traditional parade starting at 9 a.m. It will march through the community starting at Gulf Stream Dr. and ending at the Lodge. Below are some important reminders for the day of the event:
- Parade line-up will begin at 7 a.m. on Canyon Lake Drive North at the four parade stations; Yellow Feather Drive, Mayflower Drive, Spray Drive and Smugglers Point Drive.
- All streets along the parade route will close at 8:30 a.m. and the parade will begin at 9 a.m. However, spectators can walk up the sides of all parade streets to watch the parade.
- Residents should ask their guests to arrive before 8 a.m. and to use the North Gate or Main Gate to access the community. If arriving after the parade (approximately 10:30 a.m.), they may use the East Gate or North Gate.
- “Day-of” registrations will not be allowed in the parade. Questions? Contact Parade Director Lyne Hall at 951-244-2101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fiesta Day Committee and Association would like to thank the generous sponsors and donors who help make this event possible: Platinum Sponsor, Horizon Solar Power; Silver Sponsor, CR&R; Bronze Sponsor, Raincross Iron Works; In-kind Donors, Canyon Lake Golf Pro Shop and Royal Bash.
SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES
Main Event – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
10 a.m. – Invocation by Pastor Pete VanDyke
10:05 a.m. – California Military Institute Color Guard Present Colors
10:10 a.m. – Pledge of Allegiance by Boy Scouts & Girl Scouts
10:15 a.m. – National Anthem by Elsinore High Choir
10:20 a.m. – Introduction of Sponsors, Dignitaries and Veterans
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Vendor Booth Fair featuring more than 100 vendors and food booths will line the Lodge parking lot. The Lighthouse Restaurant will be offering drink specials and selling iconic Fiesta Day Margarita Cups along with other drink specials.
10 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Rock Wall ($5 per person)
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
10:30 to 11:15 a.m. – Dana The Magician Show
11:15 a.m. – JDI Dance Co. Show
12 p.m. to 1 p.m. – Reptile Show
10:30 to 11 a.m. – Parfait Acapella Group
11 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Hodads Band
12 p.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Dance Disco Demo (disco dance lessons by Judi Ruth Meredith)
12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. – Hodads Band
1:30 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. – Beard & Mustache Contest
1:45 p.m. to 2 p.m. – Name That Tune
2 p.m. to 4 p.m. – Hodads Band
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Tube-Rolling on the lake ($5 per person)
1 p.m. to 2 p.m. – ShowCal Skiers & Wakeboard Shows
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Mini Horse Petting Zoo (people are invited to take pictures)
11 to 1 p.m. – Face-painting ($2)
1 to 3 p.m. Balloon Artist
11:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Hula Hoop Contest (who can ‘hula’ the longest)
12 p.m. – Kid’s Zone Raffle
12 p.m. to 3 p.m. – Balloon Artist
3 p.m. – Kid’s Zone Raffle