Residents are invited to learn more about candidates running for the Canyon Lake Property Owners Association Board of Directors. In the order they’ll be listed on the ballot, they are George Christopher Williams, Dale Welty, Matt Poland, Paul Queen and Paul Chenette.
Three groups have formally scheduled candidate forums for voters to meet the candidates and learn their positions on issues. Please note that there are changes to the schedule previously announced. Each of the forums has a slightly different format.
- Saturday, April 9, 10 a.m. at the Senior Center – (This time is changed from what was first announced.) Meet the Candidates Forum, sponsored by the Senior Work Group.
- Monday, April 11, 7 p.m. in the Lodge Holiday Bay Room – Speak with the Candidates Forum, sponsored by the Men’s Golf Club.
- Monday, April 18, 10 a.m. at the Senior Center – (This time and location is changed from what was first announced.) Meet the Candidates Forum, sponsored by the Home Owners Club.
The candidates and their resumes of qualifications and goals can be found at www.canyonlakepoa.com. For more information about the election contact the Association’s Corporate Department at 951-244-6841, ext. 210.
Board of Directors Meeting
The next regular session meeting of the Board of Directors is on Tuesday, April 5, at 7 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room at the Lodge.
Meetings are streamed live at www.canyonlakepoa.com or can be viewed on the PEG channels: Time Warner 29 or Verizon 39.
Pool is Open
The pool at the Lodge is open daily, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Lap swim is from 7 to 10 a.m.; open swim is from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Members must be present their own valid POA card and be in good standing to use the pool.
The Lighthouse Restaurant and Bar will be providing poolside services on Saturdays, starting tomorrow, March 19. The breakfast menu (served 9 to noon) features breakfast burritos, sandwiches, hash browns and juices. The lunch menu (served noon to 2 p.m.) includes wraps, burgers, pizzas, fries, tacos and soft drink beverages.
Happy Camp Special
The Happy Camp Campground is offering a “Spring Break Special.” Campers can stay four days for the price of three days, or seven days for the price of five days. The special ends May 1.
Daily rates are $40 for waterfront (with full hookups), $35 for off-water (with full hookups) and $30 for off-water (electric and water only). Cash and credit are the only forms of payment accepted.
For more information, call Dwight Cogdill at 951-244-6841, ext. 650 or 951-246-1765.
Dog Park Update
The Board of Directors determined that the East Port Park area would be the most favorable location due to costs and installation of utilities. The specific location is between the boat launch parking lot and Goetz Rd., where a long berm was removed last year. The Association is working with the City of Canyon Lake on permitting for the park. The conceptual design plan for the dog park includes two separate fenced grass areas – one for larger dogs and one for smaller dogs – along with shade structures, benches and water fountains. The conceptual plan can be viewed at www.canyonlakepoa.com.
Collin Raye in Concert
Collin Raye, one of the country music hit makers during the 1990s, is coming to Canyon Lake on April 2. VIP tickets for this concert are $55 and include seating closest to the stage, a private VIP entrance and a private VIP bar. General Admission tickets are $30. Tickets may be purchased online on the POA website or at Member Services.
State of the Association
The Association’s inaugural “State of the Association” event was held at the Lodge on February 19. Powerpoint presentations by President Bruce Yarbrough and General Manager Chris Mitchell can be viewed at www.canyonlakepoa.com. (Click on About Us, then Newsroom.)
Country Club Website
The Association launched a new website for the Canyon Lake Country Club. The new site, www.canyonlakecc.com, offers information about the Canyon Lake Golf Course, Canyon Lake Country Club Restaurant and Bar, banquets and event booking information, a calendar of events and much more.
POA Exercise Classes
Classes can be purchased at Member Services or the Pool Office. Instructors cannot accept payment. To learn more about each class, visit canyonlakepoa.com.
- Water Aerobics meets Monday through Saturday at 8:30 a.m. at the pool. Cost is $2 per class or $25 per month for unlimited classes.
- Funk Fitness. meets Tuesday and Thursday at 10 a.m., and Thursday evening at 7:15 p.m. All classes meet at the Lodge. Class punch cards are $35 for five classes; $70 for 11 classes.
- Zumba meets Monday and Thursday at 6 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room. Cost is $35 for five classes; $40 for 10 classes.
- Evening Yoga meets Monday at 7 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room. Cost is $25 for five classes; $40 for 10 classes.
- Morning Yoga meets Wednesday at 10 a.m. in the Sunset Beach Room at the Lodge. Cost is $25 for five classes; $40 for 10.
- Line Dancing – Beginning meets Tuesday at 2 p.m.; Intermediate meets Wednesday at 3 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room. Cost is $20 for five classes; $40 for 10.
- Dancercise meets Thursday at 9:30 a.m. in the Pool View Room at the Lodge. This class is free.