Election signs will start going up this weekend for candidates running for the Canyon Lake Property Owners Association Board of Directors. In the order they’ll be listed on the ballot, candidates are George Christopher Williams, Dale Welty, Matt Poland, Paul Queen and Paul Chenette.
Three groups have formally scheduled candidate forums for voters to meet the candidates and learn their positions on issues. Each of the forums has slightly different formats.
In addition, candidates are invited to provide information about informal “open house” meet and greets they may be having in a resident’s home.
- Saturday, April 9, 9 a.m. at the Senior Center – Meet the Candidates Forum, sponsored by the Senior Work Group.
- Monday, April 11, 7 p.m. in the Lodge Holiday Bay Room – Speak with the Candidates Forum, sponsored by the Men’s Golf Club.
- Monday, April 18, 7 p.m. in the Lodge Holiday Bay Room – Meet the Candidates Forum, sponsored by the Home Owners Club.
- March 13 Open House – Candidate Paul Queen will meet with residents and hear their ideas at an open house-style meet and greet this Sunday, March 13, from 2 to 6 p.m. at 30261 Red Lure Pl. Refreshments will be served.
The CLPOA notes that all content, information and opinions presented or discussed at Board of Directors Candidate Forums reflect the views of individual participants only and in no way represent the views of the CLPOA.
The Association reminds members it bears no responsibility for the accuracy of the content, information and opinions presented at the forums, nor does it endorse any candidate for the annual Board of Director’s election.
The candidates and their resume of qualifications and goals can be found at www.canyonlakepoa.com. For more information about the election contact the Association’s Corporate Department at 951-244-6841, ext. 210.
Saturday, March 12 – Election signs can be posted.
Friday, March 25 – Member of Record Date. Determines members entitled to meeting notice and eligibility to vote.
Thursday, April 7 – Mail Notice of Annual Meeting, Candidate Statements and Secret Ballot Thursday, May 5 – Last day it’s recommended a homeowner mail a ballot.
Thursday, May 12, at 8 a.m. – Annual Meeting of the Members and Election of Directors at the Lodge.
Saturday, May 14 – Alternate Adjourned Annual Meeting Date (time to be determined) if quorum is not met on May 12, 2016.
Dog Park Update
After review of preliminary costs and options available for installation of a dog park, the Board of Directors determined that the East Port Park area would be the most favorable location due to costs and installation of utilities.
The specific location is between the boat launch parking area and Goetz Rd., where a long berm was removed last year.
The Association is working with the City of Canyon Lake on permitting for the park. The conceptual design plan for the dog park includes two separate fenced grass areas – one for larger dogs and one for smaller dogs – along with shade structures, benches and water fountains.
The conceptual plan can be viewed at www.canyonlakepoa.com.
Collin Raye in Concert
Collin Raye, one of the country music hit makers during the 1990s, is coming to Canyon Lake on April 2. VIP tickets for this concert are $55 and include seating closest to the stage, a private VIP entrance and a private VIP bar. General Admission tickets are $30. Tickets may be purchased online on the POA website or at Member Services.
State of the Association
The Association’s inaugural “State of the Association” event was held at the Lodge on February 19. Powerpoint presentations by President Bruce Yarbrough and General Manager Chris Mitchell can be viewed at www.canyonlakepoa.com. (Click on About Us, then Newsroom.)
Country Club Website
The Association launched a new website for the Canyon Lake Country Club. The new site, www.canyonlakecc.com, offers information about the Canyon Lake Golf Course, Canyon Lake Country Club Restaurant and Bar, banquets and event booking information, a calendar of events and much more.
POA Exercise Classes
Classes can be purchased at Member Services or the Pool Office. Instructors cannot accept payment. To learn more about each class, visit canyonlakepoa.com.
- Funk Fitness. meets Tuesday and Thursday at 10 a.m., and Thursday evening at 7:15 p.m. All classes meet at the Lodge. Class punch cards are $35 for five classes; $70 for 11 classes.
- Zumba meets Monday and Thursday at 6 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room. Cost is $35 for five classes; $40 for 10 classes.
- Evening Yoga meets Monday at 7 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room. Cost is $25 for five classes; $40 for 10 classes.
- Morning Yoga meets Wednesday at 10 a.m. in the Sunset Beach Room at the Lodge. Cost is $25 for five classes; $40 for 10.
- Line Dancing – Beginning meets Tuesday at 2 p.m.; Intermediate meets Wednesday at 3 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room. Cost is $20 for five classes; $40 for 10.
- Dancercise meets Thursday at 9:30 a.m. in the Pool View Room at the Lodge. This class is free.