A young lady who aspires to be a civil engineer. An Englishman whose business interests span the Atlantic. A mother who volunteers many hours to the community while taking care of a child with leukemia. A couple who kept their business afloat after a devastating fire. A club that provides a place for Canyon Lake families to belong.
These are the honorees of this year’s Canyon Lake Chamber of Commerce Community Awards Banquet, to be held Friday, March 11, at 6 p.m. in the Holiday Bay Room at the Lodge. Advanced tickets are $45 per person, available by contacting Chamber Director Alison Buraffato at 951-244-6124 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every year the Chamber begins accepting nominations for Community Awards in January. This year’s selection committee read through the nominations and contacted the excited winners last week. They are as follows:
- The Family Matters Club is Organization of the Year. This award is for a nonprofit organization whose programs have made a positive impact on the community.
- Sosy Robinson is Citizen of the Year. This award is for an individual who has enhanced the quality of life in Canyon Lake through outstanding community involvement.
- George Middle is Volunteer of the Year. This award is for an individual who has made a significant difference to the community through volunteerism.
- Katlyn Edwards is Youth of the Year. This award recognizes a Canyon Lake student who has exhibited academic excellence while being involved in the community and participating in school activities.
- The Sport Stop Pub & Grill and owners Pete and Ria Riley are Business of the Year. This award is for a Chamber member that provides exemplary customer service and superior products while supporting the Canyon Lake business community.