Get out the rafts and noodles and head to Flick and Float at the Lodge pool this Saturday, July 18. The free family movie, featuring the world’s most famous sea sponge, will begin at dusk. (If it’s raining, this event will be cancelled). A POA card is required to get into the pool. Please note: there are no parent drop-offs (unless child is over the age of 14 and has a POA card). The next Flick and Float is scheduled for August 14.
- The next Family Movie Night at Holiday Harbor is scheduled for Friday, July 24. The Family Matters Club will have its “Snack Shack” open and families are welcome to bring snacks of their own. The movie is free and starts about 8 p.m. or when it’s dark enough to see it on the giant screen. Other upcoming Movie Nights are August 7 and August 21.
- Signups are underway for YMCA Day Camps and YMCA Parent Date Nights. The next camp starts July 27. Preregistration is necessary and a minimum of 20 children must be enrolled to have the camp. Parent Date Nights are August 8 and 28. For more information and to sign up, visit www.ymcarc.org/resident-camp.
- The Kid’s Fishing Derby will be on Saturday, August 15, at Holiday Harbor. Registration will take place between 6 and 8 a.m.
- The Mermaid Festival will be on Saturday, August 22, at Indian Beach.
- The Pedal Paddle Regatta will be on Saturday, August 29, at 10 a.m. at Indian Beach.
- Swim Lessons and Water Polo – Two sessions remain for swim lessons. They are July 20 to 24 and July 27 to 31 (Mommy and Me meets that week, too). The cost is $70 per week (discounts available). Classes are 30 minutes long, Monday through Friday.
The final water polo class is July 20 to 24. The cost is $45. Register for swim classes and water polo at the pool office or call 951-244-6841, ext. 617.
- Creative Moment Yoga Class is held Wednesdays, 10 a.m. in the Pool View Room at the Lodge. The class is free. Parents are invited to bring their children (ages 2 through 8) to this parent/child yoga class taught by Canyon Lake resident, Kelley Peviani-Bruno. .
- Learn To Ride Days are July 25 and September 12. Registration opens at 8 a.m. at the Ski Pavilion in the North Ski Area. The cost is $15. Learn to wakeboard or improve skills in wakeboarding and wakeskating. The Wakeboard Club provides boats, equipment and training. For more information visit www.canyonlakewake.com.
- The next Learn To Ski Day is August 12 in the North Ski Area. The cost is $10. Hosted by the Ski Club, available times are 1, 2 or 3 p.m. Space is limited and pre-registration is necessary. For advance registration, call Terry Pierce at 951-609-4790. For more information, visit www.canyonlakeskiclub.com.
- Horse Riding Lessons – Children who would like to take horse riding lessons can sign up with Gretchen Painter by calling 951-334-4145. Lesson rates begin at $35. Lessons are taught at the Equestrian Center; horses will be provided.
- Summer Reading Program is ongoing at the Library through August 1. This year’s theme is “Read to the Rhythm.” Reading incentives and prizes are made available by Canyon Lake Friends of the Library. Hours are Monday, 10 to 7; Wednesday and Friday, 10 to 6; and Saturday, 10 to 3. For more information, call 951-244-9181.