Fiesta Day is just over a month away, on May 23 (Memorial Day weekend), and the Fiesta Day Committee is working hard to make this popular event even more special. For “Fiesta Under the Big Top,” the circus is coming to town! Here are just a few of the acts that will enthrall families, according to “Ringmaster” Mike Shroyer:
- Chris Wirewalker will perform two shows of acrobatics and balancing that will delight audiences of all ages.
- There will be an exotic reptile show at the main tent.
- Adults will see if they are strong enough to hit the bell on the High Striker to win a prize.
- There will be free balloon artistry and face-painting for the little ones.
- Look for the unicycle riders, stilt walkers, jugglers and a contortionist.
- Amazing Dana the magician will astound audiences.
- Canyon Lake Community Theatre will perform a special circus show.
- There will be a kiddie carnival ride.
- The Gyro Ride will be back.
- The Kids Zone will return, along with the Kids Zone drawings for prizes.
Returning this year are the Ski Show, the Bicycle Decorating Contest and the Cardboard Boat Challenge.
The Bicycle Decorating Contest will offer two categories, youth and adult, put on by ShowCal Skiers. Everyone will be invited to ride their decorated bicycles in the one-mile route of the Fiesta Day Parade and prizes will be awarded.
- The Cardboard Boat Challenge also will have two categories and two heats. Youths 12 and under will compete against each other for an entry fee of just $5 per person. Adults 13 and older will compete against each other for an entry fee of $10 per person. The price is per boat, not per person. There will be a $100 prize for the winner of each heat.
The Fiesta Day Committee is still looking for sponsors:
- Platinum Sponsor $1,000
- Diamond Sponsor $750
- Silver Sponsor $500
- Bronze Sponsor $250
For sponsorship information, contact coordinator Roanne Grasso at 951-244-6977 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the sponsorship opportunities, more than 100 booth spaces are available this year. Booth spaces are 12-ft. by 12-ft. Only the item specified on the application and approved by the Fiesta Day Committee can be sold or displayed. The vendor application can be found at www.canyonlakepoa.com. The application deadline is Friday, May 1. For booth space, contact Zayda Pascual at 415-8578-8389 or e-mail email@example.com.